Champaign Goodwill Store To Reopen Monday July 13, 2020
July 10, 2020
Land of Lincoln Goodwill Industries will reopen its Champaign retail store and donation center Monday, July 13, 2020, at 10 a.m. The store was temporarily closed on July 6 after a Goodwill employee tested positive for COVID-19 before coming to work. The store will resume its normal operation, Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Sunday Noon until 5:00 p.m. Land of Lincoln Goodwill continues to follow all CDC and Department of Health guidelines and the store was completely disinfected earlier this week after the closure. All Goodwill employees have been tested and are subject to morning and midday health screenings as part of Goodwill’s safety protocols.
“We want to thank the local Champaign community for their patience and we are happy to welcome our customers, donors, and employees back to the store,” said Land of Lincoln Goodwill CEO, Ron Culves. “The store has been completely cleaned and sanitized including all the merchandise and surfaces. Our top priority remains the safety of our customers and employees.”
Making Shopping at Goodwill Safe Together
Nothing is more important to Goodwill than creating a safe and healthy environment in our retail stores. Let’s work together to keep everyone safe. As a result, customers will experience new safety measures at each retail location as follows:
- All customers and employees are required to wear face coverings when inside the store.
- Do not shop if you feel ill. Please follow CDC guidelines and do not shop if you have fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Signage throughout the store will remind customers of social distancing requirements and one-way directional aisles have been marked.
- Please stay 6 feet away from Goodwill employees and other shoppers.
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at each register.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation processes are in place at all retail stores.
- Each retail store will have a stated occupancy limit to assure social distancing and will be enforced by a “Goodwill Greeter” at each location.
- Goodwill team members will be wearing PPE and sanitizing washrooms, countertops and often-touched surfaces on a regular basis throughout the day.
- All Goodwill fitting rooms will be closed. However, customers may return clothing items within 48-hours of purchase with a receipt and the item’s price tag attached.
- Goodwill stores will continue to accept touch less donations following the Stop, Drop and Go process. Donors can STOP at the donation door, DROP their donations on the ground by the donation door, then get back in their vehicles and GO.
Goodwill has instituted a minimum 72 hour quarantine and disinfection plan for all new donations and those items will not be immediately available on the sales floor. A list of acceptable and unacceptable donations can be found on our website. Donors, who wish to receive a donation receipt electronically, can email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a date and location of their drop-off donation. An electronic receipt will be emailed back to them.