Jacksonville Goodwill Store Reopens Aug 14, 2020
Aug 13, 2020
SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS… Land of Lincoln Goodwill Industries will reopen its Jacksonville retail store and donation center at 1205 W. Morton beginning at 10 am on Friday, August 14. The store was temporarily closed on August 12, after a Goodwill employee at the Jacksonville store reported positive test results for COVID-19.
The entire store including all surfaces, merchandise, and donations were professionally sanitized and disinfected today and the store is now safe. All customers are required to wear a facemask or shield prior to entering the store and all Goodwill employees are required to wear effective PPE, practice social distancing, and follow all disinfecting protocols throughout the day.
Making Shopping at Goodwill Safe Together
Nothing is more important to Goodwill than creating a safe and healthy environment in our retail stores. Let’s work together to keep everyone safe. As a result, customers will experience new safety measures at each retail location as follows:
- All customers and employees are required to wear face coverings when inside the store.
- Do not shop if you feel ill. Please follow CDC guidelines and do not shop if you have fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Signage throughout the store will remind customers of social distancing requirements and one-way directional aisles have been marked.
- Please stay 6 feet away from Goodwill employees and other shoppers.
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at each register.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation processes are in place at all retail stores.
- Each retail store will have a stated occupancy limit to assure social distancing and will be enforced by a “Goodwill Greeter” at each location.
- Goodwill team members will be wearing PPE and sanitizing washrooms, countertops and often-touched surfaces on a regular basis throughout the day.
- All Goodwill fitting rooms will be closed. However, customers may return clothing items within 48-hours of purchase with a receipt and the item’s price tag attached.
- Goodwill stores will continue to accept touch less donations following the Stop, Drop and Go process. Donors can STOP at the donation door, DROP their donations on the ground by the donation door, then get back in their vehicles and GO.
Goodwill has instituted a minimum 72 hour quarantine and disinfection plan for all new donations and those items will not be immediately available on the sales floor. A list of acceptable and unacceptable donations can be found on our website. Donors, who wish to receive a donation receipt electronically, can email email@example.com and provide a date and location of their drop-off donation. An electronic receipt will be emailed back to them.