Champaign Goodwill Store To Remain Temporarily Closed
July 8, 2020
SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS… Land of Lincoln Goodwill Industries will continue to keep its Champaign retail store and donation center temporarily closed. A future reopening date has not been set. On July 6, a Goodwill employee at the Champaign store reported positive test results for COVID-19 before coming to work and was instructed to stay home. Land of Lincoln Goodwill continues to be in contact with the Champaign County Health Department and is following their guidelines as well as our own safety protocols.
“We want to be certain we can staff the store adequately and safely for our customers before announcing a future reopening date,” said Land of Lincoln Goodwill CEO, Ron Culves. “All of our Champaign employees have been tested and the results can take up to seven days to come in, according to the Health Department.”
The Goodwill store in Champaign had been following strict safety precautions since the outbreak began and as of this past Monday, the store has been completely disinfected according to CDC guidelines. “We have no concerns about the store’s safety at this time,” said Culves. “We just want our customers and donors to know we have a healthy and safe team inside the store.”
At all Goodwill stores, every employee undergoes both morning and mid-day health screenings daily. In accordance with the State’s guidelines, all 15 retail stores operate under reduced hours: 10 am – 6 pm, Monday thru Saturday and Noon – 5 pm on Sunday. The stores also operate with occupancy limits to support social distancing and signs are posted at the entrance to each store outlining this and other safety precautions.
Once all the employee test results are known and a plan is in place to staff the Champaign
store, an announcement of a future reopening date will be made.
Making Shopping at Goodwill Safe Together
Nothing is more important to Goodwill than creating a safe and healthy environment in our retail stores. Let’s work together to keep everyone safe. As a result, customers will experience new safety measures at each retail location as follows:
- All customers and employees are required to wear face coverings when inside the store.
- Do not shop if you feel ill. Please follow CDC guidelines and do not shop if you have fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Signage throughout the store will remind customers of social distancing requirements and one-way directional aisles have been marked.
- Please stay 6 feet away from Goodwill employees and other shoppers.
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at each register.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation processes are in place at all retail stores.
- Each retail store will have a stated occupancy limit to assure social distancing and will be enforced by a “Goodwill Greeter” at each location.
- Goodwill team members will be wearing PPE and sanitizing washrooms, countertops and often-touched surfaces on a regular basis throughout the day.
- All Goodwill fitting rooms will be closed. However, customers may return clothing items within 48-hours of purchase with a receipt and the item’s price tag attached.
- Goodwill stores will continue to accept touch less donations following the Stop, Drop and Go process. Donors can STOP at the donation door, DROP their donations on the ground by the donation door, then get back in their vehicles and GO.
Goodwill has instituted a minimum 72 hour quarantine and disinfection plan for all new donations and those items will not be immediately available on the sales floor. A list of acceptable and unacceptable donations can be found on our website. Donors, who wish to receive a donation receipt electronically, can email email@example.com and provide a date and location of their drop-off donation. An electronic receipt will be emailed back to them.